I promise that my experience with Web 2.0 isn't limited to embarrassing old blogs with neon backgrounds and bad anime fanart. Really!
As some of you may have noticed from my BlazeView discussion posts, I'm a huge fan of social media – for both personal and professional use. These days, I have personal accounts on LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, and probably a bazillion other sites that I've forgotten about. I also use Web 2.0 tools on the job – specifically Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. (I even got to ban a troll from the company's Facebook fan page a couple of weeks ago. Hooray!)
But I still have a lot to learn. I'm hoping this class will shed some light on other aspects of Web 2.0, such as interactive features, multimedia, and mobile apps. I also want to find out more about how libraries are using social networks. How do libraries' social-media goals compare to other companies' goals? Do the same strategies work in both environments?
I gotta confess, though: My No. 1 goal for this class is to survive Maymester. Fingers crossed! :P
Surviving Maymester will certainly be the challenge for all of us. I've only done one Maymester before. That was for my undergrad degree, and, over all, it was a pretty easy class. So I think fingers are crossed all the way around! XD
ReplyDelete-Jessica
Good luck! This is my first Maymester ever. I thought this was a regular-old summer class when I signed up for it. Oops! Haha. The good news is that this seems like a really fun and useful course. =)
DeleteWe are all hoping for a good Maymester. I'm a unfortunate fan of social media as well. I even do some work on my library system's Facebook page. Good luck to everyone!
ReplyDelete